|August 8, 2016
CONTACT: Marcia McAllister
REMINDER: Lane and Ramp Closures and Temporary Stoppages on the Dulles International Airport Access Highway (DIAAH)
Monday, August 8 - Sunday, August 14
On or about Tuesday, August 9 through Thursday, August 11, between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m., lane closures on the eastbound and westbound Dulles International Airport Access Highway (DIAAH) and Dulles Toll Road (DTR) will occur to facilitate the removal of overhead signs near the main line toll booth at mile marker 1.6. The eastbound and westbound operations will take place on different nights, NOT on the same night.
Eastbound DIAAH, Monday, Aug. 8, 6 p.m. to Tuesday, Aug. 9, 5 a.m.
· A single left lane closure on the eastbound DIAAH will begin at 6 p.m. at mile marker 1.6 and end near mile marker 2.3 (See Figure 1).
· The ramp from the eastbound DIAAH to the eastbound DTR at mile marker 1.8 near the mainline toll booth will be closed.
· Airport traffic travelling eastbound to Centreville Road (Exit 10) will be directed to use the eastbound DTR.
· All lanes will be reopened to traffic by 5 a.m.
Figure 1: Lane closures and stoppages on the eastbound DIAAH will occur.
Eastbound DIAAH, Tuesday, Aug. 9, 6 p.m. to Wednesday Aug. 10, 5 a.m.
· Between midnight and 5 a.m., several 20 minute stoppages will occur at mile marker 1.6.
· The ramp from the eastbound DIAAH to the eastbound DTR at MM 1.8 will remain accessible to traffic except during the 20 minute stoppages.
Figure 3 Lane closures on the westbound DIAAH and westbound DTR will occur. 20 minute stoppages on the westbound DIAAH will take place between midnight and 5 a.m.
Day and Night Work: Eastbound DIAAH, Friday, Aug. 12, 8 p.m. to Sunday, Aug. 14, 6 p.m.