|September 22, 2016
CONTACT: Marcia McAllister
REMINDER: Tower Crane Removal in Median of Airport Access Highway at Innovation Center Station Site, Sept. 24 - 25, 2016
On or about the weekend of September 24 and 25, Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project crews will disassemble the tower crane in the median of the Dulles International Airport Access Highway (DIAAH) just east of Route 28, at the site of the Silver Line's future Innovation Center Station.
Work will take place during day and night hours. A diversion of the eastbound DIAAH to the eastbound Dulles Toll Road (DTR) and other lane closures will occur according to the following schedule:
Eastbound DTR, Friday, September 23 at midnight to Sunday, September 25 at 6 p.m.:
• The left lane will be closed prior to the mainline toll booth. Full service traffic must use the toll booth on the far right side.
• The left lane of the ramp from the eastbound Dulles Greenway to the eastbound DTR will be closed.
• The two left lanes will be closed from mile marker 1.9 to mile marker 2.3 (between the mainline toll booth and the Centreville Road overpass).
Eastbound DIAAH, Friday, September 23 at midnight to Sunday, September 25 at 6 p.m.:
• All eastbound DIAAH traffic will be diverted to the left lane of the eastbound DTR at mile marker 1.8, just east of the mainline toll booth.
• Eastbound DIAAH traffic will re-enter the DIAAH near mile marker 2.3, just prior to the Centreville Road overpass.
• Traffic from the airport to the Centreville Road exit (Exit 10) should use the eastbound DTR.
Westbound DIAAH, Saturday, September 24, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday, September 25, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
• The left lane of the westbound DIAAH will be closed from mile marker 2.3 to 1.8.
Drivers are asked to use caution remain attentive to all signage, barricades and speed limits, and obey all police and flagger instructions. Large, slow-moving vehicles may be exiting and entering the highway at various times.
All work is weather dependent and subject to change.