Tower Crane Coming to Median of Airport Access Highway for Herndon Metrorail Station Construction
On or about December 4 through December 7, Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project crews will assemble a tower crane in the median of the Dulles International Airport Access Highway (DIAAH) between the Monroe Street overpass and the Fairfax County Parkway overpass, in the vicinity of the Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride facility. The crane will be used for construction of the Silver Line's future Herndon Station. Work will take place during day and night hours and is weather dependent and subject to change.
Friday, December 4, 10 p.m. to Monday, December 7, 5 a.m.
• Eastbound DIAAH traffic between mile markers 2.7 and 4.0 will be diverted to the left lane of the eastbound Dulles Toll Road (DTR).
• Eastbound DIAAH traffic to the Fairfax County Parkway will be diverted to the Dulles Toll Road at mile marker 1.8. Signage will be in place to inform drivers.
• Eastbound DTR traffic will be restricted to the two right lanes of the EB DTR.
• Eastbound DIAAH traffic will return to the DIAAH at mile marker 4.0, just prior to the Fairfax County Parkway overpass and all lanes will be restored for eastbound DTR use.
Saturday, December 5 and Sunday, December 6, 5 a.m. to 3 pm.
• Left lane of westbound DIAAH between mile markers 3.9 and 3.4 will be closed.
Drivers are asked to use caution and remain attentive to all signage, barricades, adjusted speed limits. Large, slow-moving vehicles may be exiting and entering the highway at various times.
A 24/7 emergency hotline is available for Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project construction-related issues: 844-385-7245.
For general project information: www.dullesmetro.com or 703-572-0506.